Monday, December 01, 2008

Chief Albert Turi Estimates the Dead

As I started to realize the purely synthetic nature of the events of September 11th, 2001, I began to wonder about the planning and logistics that went into such a complex undertaking. A breakthrough came for me, if you want to call it that, with the horrible insight that the handful of burn victims at the Pentagon that day would have had to knowingly volunteer to undergo this morally repugnant wounding for the creation of an expected arc of serious injuries to be accomplished.

Later on, I also came to realize that much of the fatality list of military personnel and civilians killed at the Pentagon that day was voluntary. I imagined a percentage of the victims had in fact been disappeared into new identities within a witness-protection type program instead. For the conspiracy to have held together as doctrine, I hazarded a 100-percent rate of complicit survivorship, but as I grew to learn of the murderous nature of the United States government that seemed impossible.

Intellectually, I knew I needed to extrapolate these conclusions to the deaths in New York City, most importantly, to the protected government class of the uniformed services. Other then the strict line of death drawn across the floors where the first airplane struck Tower One, and above which it could be predicted no one would survive, the remainder of the civilian fatalities had a pattern of realistic randomness to me, and I wanted to leave it at that. But I wondered how many of the firemen were in fact alive, and whether or not the events of the past seven years had unfolded in keeping with their advanced briefings.

But in New York City Fire Chief Albert Turi's Interview Transcript from Oct. 23, 2001, I think I found the number of conspiring firemen who are still alive---through a neural-linguistic glitch that logic would support. See what you think:
Q. And when you went back out, can you describe the type of debris you were walking around or over?

TURI: I stepped over stuff, I was tripping on stuff, I stepped over probably some pieces of steel, and I just waited until the dust lifted so I could see what the hell happened. I mean, I knew what happened. I just wanted to see how bad it really was.

Q. Was there anybody else with you at that time or within close proximity?

TURI: There were people but I don't know who. I could hear voices but I could not see. I couldn't see my hand in front of my face.

Q. And the debris went all the way up the driveway ramp?

TURI: Oh, yes. And I've got to regress a minute because I forgot something. When the building started to collapse and I was outside, actually, the first thought that went through my mind was, my God, we just lost 250 men. That's something I'll never forget

The story of Turi's instantaneous moment of communion with God, with its heroic empathy at the loss of his brother's lives, is a fine sentiment, only it sounds miscued, as if he lost his place in a script. Few of these firemen's narratives, delivered at about the one-month mark afterward, were delivered with the awe of history in mind. They all sound like stilted variations on an internal affairs theme. But whatever the significance, as intended or delivered, the number 250 sounds to me like an ideal strategic plan, which leaves the collateral loss of 93 the likely tactical reality.

Later on, outside on West Street near a World Financial building, Chief Turi reports,
TURI: Then Steve Mosiello, Chief Ganci's executive assistant, came over to the command post and he said we're getting reports from OEM that the buildings are not structurally sound, and of course that got our attention really quick, and Pete said, well, who are we getting these reports from? And then Steve brought an EMT person over to the command post who was I think sent as a runner to tell us this and Chief Ganci questioned him, where are we getting these reports? And his answer was something, you know, we're not sure, OEM is just reporting this. And within ten seconds of that conversation, I was writing on my clipboard -- can I use foul language on this?

Q. Absolutely. That conversation, by the way, took place in the ramp driveway leading into the garage?

TURI: That is correct; right at the ramp. The ramp was still on the exterior. We were not in the garage. Maybe 20 feet from the opening of the garage. The next thing I heard was Pete say what the fuck is this? And as my eyes traveled up the building, and I was looking at the south tower, somewhere about halfway up, my initial reaction was there was a secondary explosion, and the entire floor area, a ring right around the building blew out. I later realized that the building had started to collapse already and this was the air being compressed and that is the floor that let go. And as my eyes traveled further up the building, I realized that this building was collapsing and I turned around and most everybody was ahead of me running for the garage, and I remember thinking I looked at this thing a little bit too long and I might not make this garage. But I did.
Look how badly conceived this plot is! When the credibility of the shocking report the buildings were in danger is questioned, the little man behind the curtain turns out to be "an EMT person...sent as a runner" whose "not sure, OEM is just reporting this." Beware! I am the great OZ---the high-rise structural engineer!

I don't know if Mosiello survived, but Ganci sounds like a collateral victim, and with Turi, they all sound like heroes to me.

Oh, I'm not even going to get into, "my initial reaction was there was a secondary explosion..."

Dec. 6, Oy vay! Just read the transcript of Steven Mosiello's WORLD TRADE CENTER TASK FORCE INTERVIEW FIRE ...File No. 9110141.

Damn, they're all co-conspirators. It took barely a paragraph in before Ganci shouts out that he witnessed the first plane hit Tower One from his office window in Brooklyn. (Foreknowledge!) Mosiello separates from Chief Ganci and First Deputy Commissioner Feehan after the first collapse, he heads north, while they go south on West Street. After the second collapse, the real narrative starts as Mosiello goes on a mission jonesing for Ganci's body. ("I can't leave without it!) They straight away find the body and it is stolen away in an ambulance (to the morgue for an autopsy anyone?) While Mosiello does a big mission out to Long Island to inform the new widow and Ganci's son, who's also a fireman. All just a bunch of bogus bullshit. So clear now.

I think lots of men made it out in trucks, maybe ambulances, from parking garages under Building 6, maybe from the garages under the World Financial Center where they first set up/ That's convenient!

One interesting detail is the explicit statement that the fireman who died from getting hit by a jumper, Danny Suhr, was hit and died out on West Street. (down where the real building fire control command was, in the lower lobby.)

Mosiello names the EMT who was the runner carrying word of an "imminent building collapse"---Richie Zarillo came up to me, he says, "I think he told me he got it from Peruggia."

Another thing interesting is the silent presence of someone named Assistant Commissioner James Drury, who just sits there observing the interview like a consigliere. No heroes here men, move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment